Teach Them Diligently in Spartanburg was wonderful again this year. It was a great time for my family to get away, hear great speakers, and get our hands on awesome homeschool curriculum. Here are some of the highlights of our weekend…
10 Highlights from Teach Them Diligently
- Jumping on the hotel bed. This is a must when you walk into a fresh, clean hotel for the first night.
- Meeting up with friends. It's always a highlight of an event like this to meet up with some of my blogging friends. Check out all the blogger babies!
- Chatting with Sally Clarkson. Sally spoke at our blogger meet up, but I also had a couple additional opportunities to chat with her. She gave me a copy of The Mom Walk to review. Look for that review later this summer.
- A flash mob? Yes, there was a flash mob at Teach Them Diligently. It was put on by the students and Apologia. See it here.
- Books, Books, Books. I picked up the whole set of Heroes of History from YWAM Publishing. They run an amazing deal on the full set at the conventions.
- Rhea Perry‘s sessions. Rhea shares the story of how her entrepreneurial son was making enough money to bring Dad home from his job and then support the family when Dad died of cancer. Her second session about online careers was so full we couldn't get in so I plan to get that one on mp3.
- Mp3's for just $3. That's a deal! There were a number of sessions that we couldn't get to so I have a list of sessions to buy when the mp3 are available in a couple of weeks.
- Hal and Melanie Young‘s session on adolescence. We have a few years before we have to worry about having teens, but this session was so helpful for us. It helped us start thinking about how to structure our family and prepare for that transitional time in our sons' lives.
- Kapla Blocks. This was the place to be for the kids in the vendor hall. Building blocks spread out on the floor and the freedom to play. It was tough to pull my boys away from that booth!
- Creating a Masterpiece Art DVDs. We're going to be reviewing this DVD for you soon. We picked up all the art supplies right when we got home and Jonathan is dying to make “Nemo.”
Bonus: The Raising Real Men booth has these awesome wooden swords.
Disclosure: Teach Them Diligently gave my family free admission.