Desperate: Chapter 1
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from this chapter:
- I’m so scared of messing up.
- Because I couldn’t achieve my unrealistic goals, I became lifeless and depressed. I didn’t even want to try anymore. “Why bother?”
- She was what God never asked us to be apart from Him: perfect.
- I want to set realistic goals that fit who I am, and what God requires of me.
- He will provide all we need for the task He has given us to fulfill.
- Understanding that the best and most lasting “work” I would ever do was wrapped up in my call as a mother gave me a grand scope for my life such as I had never known before.
- … motherhood is a process, a journey.
Jodi is sharing in-depth this week. Head over and read her post on chapter 1.
It’s your turn. Share your thoughts on chapter 1 of Desperate in the comments. If you’re a blogger, link up a post you’ve written with your reflections on chapter 1. Please link back to this post so your readers can join the discussion. The link on Jodi’s blog is the same – just pick one.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure statement.