Desperate: Chapter 2
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from this chapter:
- I still loved my children completely and wanted the best for them, but something was dying inside of me.
- … I never wanted to put anyone else out…
- … I didn’t have anyone to watch the babes, so I could get out or go on a date with my husband.
- A woman along in her home with her ideals eventually wears down and becomes a perfect target for Satan to discourage.
- None of us are made to deal with life alone.
- Cultivating friendships is a real talents and skill developed by mature and wise women of God.
So many things in this chapter rang familiar in my heart…
When I left my job as a church communications director, I found myself longing to “do” something. Eventually I found that outlet here in my blog and by contributing to our family goal of being debt-free through my VA/Tech business. But still, I find myself stuck.
- I do feel bad asking anyone for help. I fear the rejection of those who always seem to be too busy.
- We get stuck in a vicious cycle. We know that I need to get out from time to time and we need time for dates, but there’s no one to watch the kids and little money to pay a babysitter.
- We have one car and that leaves me at home with the boys without transportation most of the time.
- Women of my generation don’t seem to know how to cultivate friendships and to make matters worse, I live in the South where everything feels superficial.
I find myself frustrated, alone, and vulnerable to attack. I don’t have the answers right now. I don’t have solutions to these issues. I sit right where Sarah Mae was describing in this chapter. I do my best not to fall into depression and I wait. I pray and I trust God for His answers and His solutions in His timing.
It’s your turn. Share your thoughts on chapter 2 of Desperate in the comments. If you’re a blogger, link up a post you’ve written with your reflections on chapter 2. Please link back to this post so your readers can join the discussion. The link on Jodi’s blog is the same – just pick one.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure statement.