Get 20% off of Old Testament Bundles at Grapevine Studies!!! Use code "summer17" for an additional 10% off through 7/25/17!!!
Are you ready to be Wrecked? Jeff Goins book Wrecked releases in about a week. Jeff takes readers on a journey from a wrecking moment in their lives through to commitment and the wrecking of others. I was amazed to see the pattern and stages that Jeff lays out in Wrecked in my own life.
There are so many great quotes in this book, but I picked out just a few. I pray that in addition to enticing you to read Wrecked, that these quotes will make you think about how you are raising your kids.
Wrecked: 10 Quotes
- As children, most of us needed no prompting to play, to engage in the grand experience of life. But as adults, many of us do. Somewhere along the journey we lose our way.
- To be wrecked is to be disabused of the status quo. It means to have a transformation that goes beyond mere words–to be introduced to another way of life, to follow in the footsteps of a teacher who is calling you through the eye of a needle.
- We've believed a lie. We've been told life is about us. That if we work hard enough, save enough money, and buy enough stuff, we will eventually be happy.
- We who are rich with respect to the rest of the world must come to grips with our own poverty if we are going to make a difference. We must allow our hearts to be broken so we can make things whole once again. We must fall apart before we can build up. Anything else is not compassion.
- We know we need community and connection but, ironically, we're not willing to commit to it.
- To be wrecked requires a Moment. In each of our stories, there is a moment when all our priorities and concerns shift. Our identity begins to change. We sense a disparity between what is and what should be.
- When the passion goes away, it's the practice that sustains us.
- The hardest part of going on an adventure is coming home.
- Change always happens when you come down from the clouds and deal with the messiness of life. When you turn a mission trip into a lifestyle.
- I want to be the kind of person who doesn't stall, who faces a decision and boldly steps into it, aware of all the other opportunities I'm missing. I don't want to be afraid of what I'm missing; instead, I want to embrace what I get to experience.
Plus 3 more bonus quotes that I just couldn't leave out…
- Young adults in the rest of the world aren't like they are in America. Other cultures make a clear delineation between childhood and adulthood; there are rites of passages and initiation ceremonies to mark these transitions. … We need to break this cycle of extended adolescence. We need to help young people transition well into adulthood.
- This is what God wants from us–not to serve out of our brokenness (although we all start there), but to serve as whole people, helping others heal and find wholeness. Anything else is codependence, a sham to assuage our guilt.
- Life is messy. I'm tired of pretending otherwise.
You can read the first 1/5 of the book even before it releases. Head over to the Wrecked website and sign up to start reading. If you buy the book between August 1-4, you can get over $158 worth of freebies!
Get ready to be Wrecked!
Teach Your Kids to Have a Devotional Time
Teaching your kids grow their own faith doesn't have to be difficult. Get this downloadable guide to help you teach your kids to have their own devotional time!