In our homeschool this week we…
- finished a couple more books from our Sonlight P 4/5 curriculum including The Milly-Molly-Mandy Story Book, A Treasury of Mother Goose, New Toes for Tia, and The Lion Storyteller Bedtime Book. Jonathan wanted me to read and read and read some more this week.
- made a wordless book that tells the story of the Gospel using the colors gold, black, red, and white.
- wrote a story about a street.
- made pictures with dot markers.
I’m praying for… Jonathan to have an understanding of consideration of others. We’re having some issues with him not respecting our personal space and ceasing to do something immediately that is hurting someone – such as ramming his head into mommy and continuing when asked to stop. The acts themselves are not serious, but we’re trying to help him learning that he needs to be considerate of others and that includes stopping immediately when asked to do so.
- is really growing. He seems so tall now.
- has six teeth. One top tooth broke through Tuesday and another broke through this morning. There is 7th tooth on its way – I can see it bulging on the bottom gums.
- gets into EVERYTHING. The war to keep him out of things he shouldn’t touch and redirect him is on!
My favorite things this week were…
- a surprise coffee date with my friend Dee.
- slobbery baby kisses from Jacob.
- listening to Jonathan read these magazines National Geographic Little Kids magazines to Josh.
We’re now scheduled to finish Sonlight P 4/5 next week! We should also be able to finish the Pathway Days Go By workbook too. Then we’ll jump into Sonlight Readers 1 and LA 1 for our summer “break”. Might go back to reading The Hobbit to Jonathan too; he’s been asking to continue reading it.
Teach Your Kids to Have a Devotional Time
Teaching your kids grow their own faith doesn't have to be difficult. Get this downloadable guide to help you teach your kids to have their own devotional time!