I'm jumping back into Hello Mornings this fall. I need a change from the Good Morning Girls study style and I need a break from leading. So, I joined my friend Rebecca's Hello Mornings group.
We're studying 1 Peter using Lara Williams and Katie Orr's new ebook. As I started to print it, I discovered that I didn't want to use a separate journal. I wanted everything to be all together in one place. So, I thought for a moment and came up with a plan. If I printed the ebook single side, I could print journaling lines on the back of each page and insert extra pages before binding it together. And so became my self-contained Bible study and journal.
Here's the step by step, easy-peasy instructions that will work with any ebook that you want to turn into a self-contained Bible study and journal.
How to Make a Self-Contained
Bible Study and Journal
- Bible study ebook file such as 1 Peter by Lara Williams and Katie Orr
- Journaling lines PDF, available as a FREE printable below
- Binding machine and coil or a 3-ring Binder and 3 hole punch
- Laminator and 2 pouches (optional)
- One sheet of card stock
- Print the Bible study ebook using your print, single sided. To save toner, I usually print my cover in color and print the inside pages in blank and white.
- Reload the pages into your printer in the right orientation to print on the back side. Print the journaling lines on the back of each of the pages. With 1 Peter, you could skip the first few pages if you'd like.
- Print desired number of extra journaling pages, front and back. I did enough for after each lesson plus some for the end.
- Insert extra journaling pages at the end of each lesson/week. Put the remaining pages at the end of the book. Add additional pages wherever you'd like them to be.
- Optional: Laminate your front cover. Laminate a sheet of card stock or additional sheet of printer paper for your back cover. I do this to help my book hold up with use. If you're using a binder, you can skip this step.
- Punch holes in your pages using your binding machine or 3-hole punch.
- Assemble your book using the binding coil or 3-ring binder.
Simple as that!
Here's the simple lined journaling page that I made that you can use to print your journaling lines:
Click the link below to download:
Come back and share your self-contained Bible study and journal! Let us know how you made it. If you make something else with the simple lined journaling page, I hope you'll share that too.