I'm linking up with Home with the Boys and reading Seasons of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson. If you'd like to join in, here is the original post from Erin with the details and reading schedule.
Some great quotes from chapter 11:
- I need to look for God's light when the darkness comes. pg. 210
- First, I must choose to faithfully depend on God. Then, I must faithfully obey God. Finally, I must faithfully wait on God. pg. 211
- … acknowledge that life is hard and sometimes sad and that we need God to make it through. pg. 211
- Only God can strengthen you to do “all things” he has asked you to do as a homeschooling mom. pg. 212
- Genuine faith is expressed in a believer's life through obedience to God. pg. 213
- … simply obey God's word and let his Spirit change me through the circumstances. pg. 214
- Obedience is rarely easy. pg. 214
- In the Bible, waiting is often synonymous with hope. … It means looking ahead with eager anticipation, knowing that God will do something good. pg. 215
We all go through ups and downs emotionally. Some downs are worse than others. Sometimes it passes quickly. And sometimes it doesn't pass so quickly.
Know that you're not alone in dealing with these dark days or periods in your life. Stay faithful to your calling from God. Trust Him to guide you through it. Reach out to family and friends to help you through.
If you think your lows are depression, get help. I recently wrote a whole series on finding joy in depression and you might want to start there. If you suffer with depression, reach out and share your story.